Starting up a new business is one of the most exciting things that you can do. We have worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs, family business owners, professionals and investors to plan and transform their “brainstorm” into an operating business.
Helping to create successful businesses has been good for the local economy, has helped to create and provide jobs, and has assisted many families in transitioning their businesses to the next generation.
So when the brainstorm hits, come in and let us help you pave the way for success.
What to expect
We advise and counsel the owners on all aspects of forming a business entity. We prepare and file all of the paperwork and we help to launch the enterprise. And we prepare the agreements between the owners that make future business problems evaporate before they start.
Here are some common scenarios we address:
- Income and corporate tax planning is the first thing we talk about, because making the right tax decisions before you start can help improve your chances of succeeding.
- Choice of business entity is a key element in the process, and we discuss the benefits and drawbacks of incorporating, forming partnerships, operating as a sole proprietor, and creating a limited liability company ("LLC"), to enable you to make a well-informed decision.
- Office lease or business purchase agreements are crucial to the future success of your company, and we review those with you and give you the knowledge you will need to effectively house your operation and help it achieve its goals.
- The creation of basic agreements and contracts will allow you to operate your business correctly and that will enable you to enforce them in court if necessary.
- Conferences and meetings can be arranged to "take your business temperature" in order to guide you away from a bad decision or toward a good one. Our experience in business matters can save you a lot of wasted time and money.